NJROTC Program Goals
- Promote Patriotism. Teach and nurture a love of country, respect for the flag, pride in our government and the American way of life.
- Develop informed and responsible citizens. The program helps cadets learn about their civic responsibilities, duties, and rights that come from being an American citizen.
- Promote habits of orderliness and precision. Instill a strong desire for accuracy, neatness correctness and task completion.
- Develop a high degree of Honor, Courage and Commitment. Emphasize the importance that the qualities of self-discipline, self-reliance, teamwork, commitment and leadership have in developing strong moral character. Teach cadets the need to set a good example.
- Promote an understanding of the basic elements and requirements for national security. Explain and foster and understanding of the need for armed forces and their relationship to the government and the citizens in a democratic society.
- Develop respect for and an understanding of the need for constituted authority in a democratic society. Cadets will learn and understand why good citizens follow laws and respect government.
- Show the benefits of living a healthy, fit, and drug-free life. Students will learn and understand the negative effects that drug use and other harmful actions will have on them as well as on others.
- Develop leadership qualities. The NJROTC program provides cadets with a wide range of opportunities to learn and experience leadership roles such as leading teams, groups, activities and performing unit staff job. They will be challenged and these experiences will build year to year in complexity and rigor to prepare the cadet for their future.
- Promoted high school completion and a strong desire for higher education. Provide cadets with pathways, good examples, choices and possibilities to motivate them to achieve and meet goals.